The large house "Marly", later called "St. Malo", was a landmark on Hampstead Road in Highgate Hill for 80 years. It was built by the Appel family on the site of their sheep paddock. A succession of people who lived interesting lives lived there before it was demolished in 1951.
James and Margaret Allan and their home “Wairuna”
James Allen was cofounder of the Allen and Stark company, later taken over by Myers. He and his wife built the beautiful ‘Wairuna’ on Hampstead Road.